Other than creating mayhem in almost every country and across the continents, coronavirus has also bitten businesses hard across the globe because of a complete lock-down. Now, following closed offices and shuttered businesses, marketers worry about retaining their existing customers and there are numerous ways with which, customers can be kept in the loop and can be made to realize that you still care for them and that their requirements are still supreme to you and that you put every little effort in innovation still, despite lock-down, to ease things for them, from your end.
Based on my experience, as managing a host of digital marketing activities at GFX Rider, I suggest the following ways to still retain your existing customer base:
Adage fits here perfectly, “Out of sight means out of heart”. We need to maintain a constant touch with our customers, else we may lose them. Moreover, retaining a client or customer is more profitable than earning new one and it takes longer to consolidate his trust in our brand. Here, following activities can be performed:
- Automate Marketing: Such has emerged as the affordable, simplest yet, the most effective way with which customers can still be kept in constant contact with. I don’t mean you fill their inbox with regular emails or messages. But customized messages as per service or product context, who are likely to hear from you. For the purpose, there are social channels and web and if one implements this in an organized manner, a business can be saved in spending more in campaigns later when markets will be opened, and can expect more ROI.
- Producing Content: For a tactful marketing campaign, content holds the greatest virtue and hence, one needs to create a supreme content that would speak volume about your critical occupational innovation and how you have evolved in the industry over the years. For help in producing critical content, please contact GFX Rider here.
- Invoke Social Media: With established social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc, a business should put maximum efforts upon these since many customers remain active on such channels for most of the time, especially in a state of social lock-down like now. They would like to see the events, product reviews, your offers, your corporate news story and so forth. Hence, companies should use these social media places, as key channels to gather more from their customers. NO, such won’t be advertising, but as a responsible brand representative, your response to queries or discussion will be more meaningful and ultimately fruitful to your business in long run.
2. Ensure Greater Visibility Before Devoted Audience:
In order to build massive awareness about your brand and to gather more visibility would entail that the visitors should be brought to your website to make instant purchase. Here, the perfection in timing will be that your remain in sight when they look for an offering, in fact at every step, right from the time they search to delivery and after sales too.
3. Conversions Should Always Be Focused Upon:
Here, I would harp upon conversion rate optimization, which is simply a highly impact technique of digital marketing but where lower costs are involved. Now, with even a little bit of qualitative and quantitative increase in user experience on your website, those visiting your website can be converted into customers. Please go through the following points here:
- Positive Business Stories With Sound Backing Of Social Proof. One should be careful about how he manages case studies, recommendation and reviews during the marketing journey and such aspects should be considered while the web content is woven and such content should be shared across all the social media platforms.
- Supreme Is The Experience Of Our Customer. To meet this objective, one should always emphasize upon re-adjust the website from time to time, so as to ensure that customers get instant reverts in personalized way. While considering upon cost-cutting, always keep in mind that when website is put under minimal changes, always have tremendous impact upon our outcome.
- Artificial Intelligence Should Be Involved. The time is perfect that businesses should now look forward to machine learning and AI to draw that competitive advantage that we have always looked for. Certainly, by exploiting the existing situation, we can ensure timely access to intended customer base, no matter where they are located at and with AI can easily bring the costs down manifolds and customers can easily be kept informed as well as in-formed too.
4. Market, Measure, Manage, Market:
Here, marketers simply need to quantify result in the backdrop of success criteria, which can be done by counting the number of sales done, leads generated, referrals received etc. Such should be the performance indicators.
- Move Through Google Analytics: Basics should be covered properly and updated data should be utilized to empower marketing efforts. Here you should also focus upon goals, Search Console, measuring criteria, drive through free data that is obtained from Google Analytics to design the marketing strategy and so forth.
- Social Media Based ROI Should Be Quantified Too: When businesses feel financial crunch, they shrink the budget right-away but still bold decisions need to be taken to utilize available resources. Here, I would advise to limit social media marketing since such is a lengthy process but before going to do so, always analyse how does your involvement with social media increase your sales and contribute to your revenue. For detailed insight, contact us here.
In final phase, businesses need to evolve typical marketing strategies, especially in the present scenario of corona-virus problem and should be watchful of the returns they secure out of it. Just like everyone has different shoe size, businesses, brands, customers vary from region to region and from one economy to another, all you have to do is to create a marketing plan, implement it, evaluate returns, learn from it, alter strategies, implement it, evaluate results and so forth.
Finally, as from my experience, I will add that creativity in marketing is of immense worth here, when you go on to measure your returns and learn from such marketing experiments.
If proper measure is not done in timely manner, this will lead to poor planning and management and if poor management occurs, it simply means that we waste our time precious time, resources and funds. Here, once optimum marketing and customer-contact is done in optimum way, measuring and evaluation should be done which simply refers to quantifying your marketing effort.
Running one of the leading web design agencies in Delhi NCR, I have been managing the cutting edge technology and subsequent innovation brought therein from time to time, right from the beginning. Here, I have tried to depict the necessity of having a business websites and to have them designed to meet the latest objectives of the present day environment.